Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Parmesan Chicken & Mashed Spuds

This was last night's dinner... I made Parmesan Chicken, using memory to re-create a recipe I printed offline that is somewhere around my house. I used 3 large pieces of boneless/skinless chicken breasts. I dipped the chicken in a bowl w/ 1 beaten egg. Then I coated the chicken w/ flour from a second bowl. Lastly, I coated the chicken in a third bowl mixed w/ bread crumbs (from a box), Parmesan cheese (grated, not shredded), & quite a bit of Morton's Nature's Seasoning. I used cooking spray on the frying pan instead of using veggie oil b/c I recently learned this was a bit healthier. Cook the chicken on both sides until done. I also added the extra bread crumb mixture to the pan. *New Recipe Alert* The homemade mashed potato recipe came from a website. It consisted of 1/4 cup chicken broth, 1/2 cup light cream, 1/2 cup sour cream, 2 tbs butter, lots of pepper, 3 pieces of crumbled cooked bacon, and 1/4 cup fresh parsley. I like to cut the potatoes into tiny pieces so they soften faster while boiling. I was supposed to boil the potatoes with the chicken broth, but missed that step. The recipe seemed to turn out good anyway. The recipe called for 5 large potatoes. I used the 8 super small ones I had in the pantry. My only complaint was the consistency of the mashed potatoes wasn't as thick as I would like. I blame this on the # of potatoes used. I also used 4 strips of bacon, b/c that's how many came off easily after I defrosted the entire frozen package. Also, I used dry parsley b/c that's all I had to work w/. I was unsure of the measurement change so I just sprinkled until I felt that was enough. I heated a can of french cut green beans to go along w/ the meal. The potatoes were delicious! I will definitely make this meal again.

No comments: