I love to cook! It's one of my favorite passions. This is going to be a blog dedicated to the recipes used & how things went in the kitchen.
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Sausage and Gravy
Recently, I've grown quite found of McDonald's sausage and gravy biscuits. I've wanted to recreate this recipe for awhile. I made it today for lunch after a day and evening spent at the lake. It was very simple.
I've also become obsessed w/ the dry packets of gravy and mixes at the grocery store. What a selection! I have always been a fan of cooking everything from scratch. The taste is better, and I love the satisfaction of knowing I cooked it from scratch. Buuutttt, my co-workers motto is growing on me, "Why cook it from scratch when you can buy it from the store."
Sausage & Gravy Biscuits
1 lb ground country sausage
2 pkgs dry country gravy mix
sliced bread (I didn't have biscuits)
Cook and drain the meat. Cook gravy according to package. Tear bread into pieces and place in bowl. Add meat, top w/ gravy. Enjoy!
This turned out good... I want to use biscuits next time, and maybe flavor the sausage w/ a little something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment